Greetings:
Am trying to get mutt 1.5.2 to connect to fastmail.fm using ssl.

I have another account with my former employeer which uses ssl-tlsv1 just
fine

I've set everything in .muttrc I can find to use ssl E.G.
set folder=imaps://mail.messagingengine.com:993/ssl/inbox/

If I try
#set  imap_force_ssl = YES

I get
unknown varriable

I compiled from tar ball using --imap and --ssl on the ./configure command
line.
So far as I can hear, (using speakup screen reader) there were no make
errors.
I assume since my other account successfully uses ssl, that the existing
openssl was found

Using an old Fedora 7, yes should upgrade but having some hardware
difficulties installing second HD.

Looked in the manuals and wikki, found nothing that seemed to relate
specifically to fastmail.

Am using esmtp for send authentication, perhaps old prog doesn't do ssl, but
should work at least for receive.

Any help muchly appreciated

thanks in advance

tom fowle