* On 16 Jul 2012, chris wrote:
> I want to bind key <Tab> to a macro which jump to a mail matching the pattern:
>     e.g. here is a pattern.
>     "~x .*@stardiviner"
> I do not know where mutt has this function to jump to a mail.

It does; it's called "search".

> In one words:
>     I want this macro to do this:
>     Try to find whether has mail matching this pattern: "~x .*@stardiviner".
>     If not, then jump to another pattern "~P".
>     If not, then jump to next unread mail with <next-unread-mail>

That is harder though.  You can make a macro to search for any of those
patterns, but your logic as described amounts to a seqence of if/else
conditions, and you can't make a macro do that.

In other words, if you have messages in this order:

1. mail matching "~x .*@stardiviner"
10. mail matching "~N" (unread)
15. mail matching "~P"
30. mail matching "~x .*@stardiviner"

You can make a macro that skips from 1 to 10 to 15 to 30, but you can't
make a macro that goes from 1 to 30 to 15 to 10, which is what your
conditional logic describes.

--
David Champion • d...@uchicago.edu • IT Services • University of Chicago