I have used gmail from mutt occasionally using the attached rc
file. Today I decided to clean my gmail account, deleting some
messages and saving others in their corresponding folders under, for
example =here or =there (under imaps://imap.gmail.com:993/). Things
seemed to be working well. After saving each message, it was marked as
Deleted from my INBOX. My problem is that when I expunged the messages
from the INBOX, they also dissapeared from the folder to which I
had copied them!

Visiting the corresponding folders through the gmail.com page I found
that before the messages are deleted, they do appear in their
corresponding folder, but they have the Inbox.

I also found that some of the deleted messages appeared in the Trash
folder; those that I had not looked for in their intended folder!

This is very confusing to me (and probably I couldn't explain the
situation clearly). How could one manage gmail labels in gmail from
within mutt in a safe way?

Best regards,
Luis

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/