I don't recall any problem reading with Android 2.1 mail sent by
mutt. I use K-9 as my Android mail client in my phone.
Best regards,
Luis

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:06:00PM +0200, Ambrevar wrote:
> [Mutt 1.5.21 on FreeBSD and Arch Linux]
>
> Hi
>
> My fellows recently let me aware of the fact that all the e-mail I've sent
> them
> with Mutt could not be displayed correctly on their Android 2.* smartphone.
> The
> mails display an empty body, the actual body being displayed as an attachment
> (which Android may name 'Unknown.txt').
>
> I've been investigating around for a while and I've come to the conclusion
> that
> it comes from the 'Content-Disposition' that Mutt includes in the header of
> every e-mail. This feature does not seem to be toggable by the end-user (even
> though you can change the value of the Content-Disposition, but this does not
> solve the issue). This header is standard but rarely used by MUA. I've patched
> my local Mutt to remove this line from the header and it works perfectly.
>
> I've reported the issue on the bugtracker.
>
> I just wanted to know if someone ever noticed a similar issue, since I'm quiet
> surprised I couldn't find any clue on the net.
>
> Cheers

W. Luis Mochán,                      | tel:(52)(777)329-1734     /<(*)
Instituto de Ciencias Físicas, UNAM  | fax:(52)(777)317-5388     `>/   /\
Apdo. Postal 48-3, 62251             |                           (*)/\/  \
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México          | moc...@fis.unam.mx   /\_/\__/