On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 07:17:46PM +0200, Nikola Petrov wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 07, 2012 at 02:15:41PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > I currently have my mail delivered to my desktop system using SMTP as
> > the system is on all the time and has a static IP.
> >
> > However I always get paranoid when I reconfigure it and/or do other
> > maintenance so I'm considering moving back to a fetchmail/getmail based
> > system.
> >
> > I also have a fairly complex mail filtering script I wrote myself in
> > Python which is fed mail via .forward.
> >

> > What's the current "state of the art" way to collect mail and deliver it
> > through a filtering system to mutt?  If I can do this all in one program
> > than so much the better but I'm happy with two programs if that would
> > work better.  I can stay with my existing filter system but, again, if I
> > can consolidate things into one, easier to maintain, chunk then I'd be
> > happy.
> >

> > I *don't* like procmail configuration files, they're one of the reasons
> > I wrote my own.
> >

> > What does everyone else here do for collecting mail and filtering mail
> > with mutt?
>
> I am using imapfilter with lua configuration file for my imap account.
> That does the job for me and I like the fact that I declare my filters
> with actual code(be it lua, python or what not)

How does that actually work?  I've found its home at
https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter
but the documentation doesn't really tell me what it does (maybe my fault!).

Does it move E-Mails around on the IMAP server, or does it collect them
from the IMAP server and deliver them to you locally?  Or does it do
something else?

--
Chris Green