On 22:51 So 06 Jan, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> The first idea that came to my mind was 'caching' just in case you ever feel
> bored and have no idea what else to do.

how about that:

create a local cache of names and email adresses in a small sqlite3
database. Foreach sync create a new temporary table, write all data
into that table. In case of success rename the old table (append a
timestamp) and make the new temporary table the curent one. Keep max
5 old tables... (TODO: make it configurable)

You know, this can lead into a tool to transfer vcards from one server
to another (which of course is beyond the purpose this list ;)

And yes: it's not necessary to just store email, firstname and lastname
into the local cache. Maybe it is better to store the complete vCard
string. This will then act as a complete backup... without the
possibility to restore it, yet...

Torsten