On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 03:54:05AM +0200, lambda calculus wrote:
> Hi guys, i recently changed to mutt, and reading the documentation,
> but i can't find what i want:
>
> Since I'm subscribed to a couple of mailing lists i would like to
> configure mutt to store mails from different mailing lists to
> different directories.
>
> Let's li...@something1.org
> and   li...@something2.org
>
> The choice of which directory(mailing list) to read, whould be made
> with the -f option.
>
> Can anyone supply an example please?

Mutt doesn't have functionality to filter incoming emails into separate
folders, if that's what you're looking for. Please describe your mail
setup. E.g.:

- If you are using mutt to access email on an IMAP server, then you need
  access to filters on the IMAP server (or use something like
  imapfilter[1] to do filtering over IMAP).

- If you are using mutt to read local folders that are synced with an
  IMAP server (via something like offlineimap or mbsync/isync), then you
  need to do filtering on the server-side as well.

- If you are using fetchmail/mpop/etc to pull down email from a POP or
  IMAP server, and store it locally, then you need to configure that
  software to run the email through a filter (e.g. procmail).

[1] https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter
--
Brandon Sandrowicz