Incoming from horseriver:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 01:46:54PM -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:58:37AM +0800, horseriver wrote:
> > >
> > >    How to edit my .procmailrc to put mails from different mail
> > >    list into different maildir?
> > >
> > >    can this work :
> > >    :0
> > >    * ^to: mutt-users@mutt.org
> > >    mutt-users@mutt.org
> >
> > Read this:
> >
> > http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/
> >
> > Is your mutt directory really named  mutt-users@mutt.org? Why?
> >
> > In your recipe, ^to should be ^TO_

As far as I know, both work.  ^TO is special in procmail, but ^to: (as
a regexp) works too.

>   I have modified my procmailrc like this .

Like what?

>   Then, Need I retrieve mails from pop server ? or just restart mutt
>   to see the result?

Too many questions.  I used fetchmail to pop mails before.  It
supports a "keep" directive.  You can pop and pop and pop, and still
all your mail will be left on the server.  Delete the "keep" from your
config, and they'll be deleted when popped.

>   Another question: How does mutt call procmail to sort mails ? In

mutt doesn't call procmail.  They're separate processes.  In my case
(before), fetchmail pops from my ISP's Smarthost, that hands it to local
"Mail Delivery Agent" (procmail), and mutt picks it up from there once
it's delivered into ~mail.

>   my muttrc file , I have not tell mutt to call procmail to sort
>   mails .so how mutt know that?

procmail can sort incoming mails.  mutt just looks for them
("mailboxes") once they arrive.

- -