On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 10:17:26PM -0500, grarpamp wrote:
> If at all possible I'd like to see the Subject: line for this list
> updated from...
> Subject: ...thread...
> ...to...
> Subject: [mutt-users] ...thread...

None for me, thanks.

> I'm aware mail filters are readily available to some.  I'm
> suggesting it because the prefixed subject line model is very
> prevalent these days, particularly with mailman, and would further
> hazard the suggestion that as such it should be considered a
> reasonable standard worth implementing.

Just because it's common doesn't mean it's good.  The problem with
this is that, no batter how wide your screen is, your mail client has
a limited amount of screen real estate to display the subject line,
and prepending a bunch of useless garbage on the front of the subject
line obscures the important part... the part that you can see, which
helps you identify the message.  If your messages are cross-posted to
multiple lists, the subject line can become completely obscured.

There are far better methods of sorting your mail, and at least some
of them are available on virtually every platform.  Generally they are
also completely free.  Thus there is absolutely no good reason to rely
on reducing the useful information visible in the subject line.

> Thank you for considering this issue.

It's been considered many times in the past.

-=-=-=-=-