On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 07:32:13AM +0000, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> Please tell me if I am using the wrong command when attempting
> to reply to a mail list regarding a message on the list.  I am
> running Mutt on Debian Squeeze.
>
> In order to reply to your message, I press "g" (for "group
> reply"), and Mutt generates the following header pair:
>
>     To: David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net>
>     Cc: mutt-users@mutt.org
>
> Is there a command other than "g" which is appropriate when
> replying to a group?

Some mailing lists don't require a subscription so you should use
'g' to reply to those lists so even unsubscribed participants get
the messages. Other lists insist that you /don't/ reply to
everyone and only reply to the list so for those you should use
'L'. Which one is appropriate will depend on the list rules. It
can be hard to keep it straight if you mostly lurk...

IIRC, we're supposed to only reply to the list for mutt-users,
but I see that isn't being done in this thread and nobody is
getting upset so perhaps I am mistaken. :) In that case,
undelievered apologies to anyone that doesn't get this and should
have.

Regards,

--
Brandon McCaig <bamcc...@gmail.com> <bamcc...@castopulence.org>