On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 02:14:35PM +0100, Konrad Vrba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could somebody please advise how I can change the default time format,
> which is displayed when I view my messages? At the moment, I see only
> Month and day (ie, Aug 21). But I would like to see the year aswell,
> as I am using mutt for reading through old archive of maildir, which
> goes several years back.

Do you mean the timestamp in the index view (when you enter a mailbox)?
If so, look at $index_format in the manual.  You can specify display the
sender's time using %{fmt} where fmt is an strftime format string.

There is also a variable $date_format, but I'm not sure what it does.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu