* On 24 Mar 2013, Chris Green wrote:
> Exactly!  So mutt *doesn't* add a blank line before the 'File ' if there
> wasn't one there already, in fact it doesn't do anything except copy
> what it's given by the MDA.
>
> This may be correct in that mutt isn't an MDA but it isn't what everyone
> here has being trying to tell me!   :-)

I don't know why my last four messages haven't made it through the
mailing list, but actually I have been trying without success to tell
you exactly that. :)  You're spot on.

Mutt adds headers to indicate the message length when it saves a
message.  Apart from headers, it copies the message content exactly.
The blank line is considered part of the message content, so if present
it also gets copied.

I'm sending this mainly for Chris's benefit, but since I'm sending
I might as well try the list again.  BCC to Chris since he used a
Mail-Followup-To.

--
David Champion • d...@bikeshed.us