On Mon, May 6, 2013, at 08:53 AM, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I've been connecting to my fastmail.fm account directly via IMAP for a
> while now with no issues.  Recently, I've decided to use offlineimap to
> mirror the content locally to a Maildir directory.
>
> I've been trying to change my .muttrc to reflect the change so that it
> points to the local files.  While I'm seeing the mail in each subscribed
> folder, some of the expected behavior is not working ('c' prompting to
> change to the next folder with new messages).
>
> The local mail folders are located in ~/.mail/fastmail/ and look like:
>
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 21:40 .Drafts/
> drwxr-xr-x   3 trey  staff   102 May  5 19:12 .notmuch/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 21:38 Drafts/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Apple Mail To Do/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Archive/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.CentOS/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Deleted Messages/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Drafts/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.FreeBSD-Questions/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Junk/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Junk Mail/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.K12OSN/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Queue/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.SLES/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Saved/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Sent/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Sent Items/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.Sent Messages/
> drwx------   5 trey  staff   170 May  5 14:28 INBOX.SuSE/
>
> Not sure why I have multiple Drafts folders.
>
> In my .muttrc I have this:
>
> set mbox_type=Maildir
> set folder="~/.mail/fastmail/"
> set mask="!^\\.[^.]"
> set mbox="~/.mail/fastmail/"
> set record="+INBOX.Sent Items"
> set postponed="~/.mail/fastmail/INBOX.Drafts"
> set spoolfile="~/.mail/fastmail/INBOX"
>
> I assume that I've formatted the paths wrong above?  Hoping someone can
> help.
>
> Related, what should the format of entries for 'mailboxes' be?
> mailboxes INBOX.mutt INBOX.Sent
>
> Thanks!

To update, I put the full path in for both 'set record' and 'set
postponed' (such as "~/.mail/fastmail/INBOX.Sent") and both the remote
Drafts and Send folders get populated as would be expected.

But I'm still not sure what the format should be for the 'mailboxes'
line in .muttrc.  While on IMAP, I can hit 'c' and will be prompted with
the next folder that contains new mail.  I had a line when connecting
via IMAP like:

mailboxes =INBOX.ale =INBOX.mutt

What should be the syntax for mailboxes entries when pointing to a local
Maildir?

Thanks.

--
  Trey Sizemore