Thank you Kevin.  I appreicate the help.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 04:21:44PM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
John Niendorf wrote:
How can I add something like "Low, Normal, Medium, High" priority to
a mail right before sending?

You could, for example, add the following to your muttrc:

# Set message priority
macro index ,mph '<enter-command>my_hdr Priority: High<enter>'
macro index ,mpm '<enter-command>my_hdr Priority: Medium<enter>'
macro index ,mpn '<enter-command>my_hdr Priority: Normal<enter>'
macro index ,mpl '<enter-command>my_hdr Priority: Low<enter>'
macro index ,mpd '<enter-command>unmy_hdr Priority<enter>'

Then, hitting the key sequence ",mph" will add a high priority header to
all subsequent emails. ",mpd" will delete the priority header from all
subsequent emails.

It may be helpful to have $edit_headers set so you can see the added
header when you compose the email.  (Of course, you could just directly
add the header yourself while in your editor too.)

If I understood at least partially correctly, using this macro I can
write a priority level to the header.  Although this is a non-standard
header and the recipient may or may not see it depending on the
receiving MUA. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

-Kevin

--