raf wrote:

>you don't need to resort to html parts. you just need to make sure that
>the content disposition of the image attachment is "inline" rather than
>"attachment". to do this, after attaching the image file, while viewing
>the list of parts before sending the message, use the arrow keys if
>necessary to navigate to the image attachment and press Ctrl-D which
>toggles the disposition between inline and attachment. each time you press
>Ctrl-D, the first character on the left hand side toggle between "A" and
>"I" to indicate the disposition.

>cheers,
>raf

raf:

Thanks for the great reply.  I did not realize that this could be done in
mutt!  However, I tried this out and it did not work.  I composed a message
and then attached a jpeg file which was listed in the compose menu as:

-- Attachments
- I   1 /tmp/mutt-cjsa2-102-11172-13795190124143       [text/plain, 7bit, 0.1K]
  A   2 Image.jpg                                    [image/jpeg, base64, 367K]

I toggled the jpeg to inline:

-- Attachments
- I   1 /tmp/mutt-cjsa2-102-11172-13795190124143       [text/plain, 7bit, 0.1K]
  I   2 Image.jpg                                    [image/jpeg, base64, 367K]

And then sent the message to someone using Outlook on Windows XP.
Unfortunately, the message still appears to the recipient as a text message
with and attached jpeg file rather than displaying the image inline with
the message.  Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Regards,
--
Jeff