Hello!

I used David Champion's suggestion to compile mutt with:

--enable-smtp

so at least its not complaining about smtp_pass and smtp_url being undefined variables (Thanks!).

However, mutt still doesn't recognize header_cache or certificatg_file (again, undefined variables), and it still won't send mail.

Here's my .muttrc:

set smtp_url="smtp://myusern...@verizon.net@smtp.verizon.net:465"
set smtp_pass="MYPASSWORD"
set from="myusern...@verizon.net"
set realname="MYNAME"
set editor="gvim"
ignore "Authentication-Results:"
ignore "DomainKey-Signature:"
ignore "DKIM-Signature:"
hdr_order Date From To Cc
alternative_order text/plain text/html *
#set header_cache=~/.mutt/cache/headers
set message_cachedir=~/.mutt/cache/bodies
#set certificatg_file=~/.mutt/certificates
set smart_wrap=yes
set sort='threads'
set sort_aux='last-date-received'

WIth this, mutt hangs for several minutes, finally issuing:

Connection to smtp.verizon.net closed
SMTP session failed: read error
Could not send the message.

I've also tried it with

set smtp_url="smtp://myusern...@smtp.verizon.net:465"
...same...

and got the same message. BTW, the port number, etc is correct, and is what I'm using with Seamonkey's email. Of course, I can't use the latter via the command line.

Help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Charles Campbell