On k, febr 25, 2014 at 08:25:12 +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 24Feb2014 21:45, LEVAI Daniel <l...@ecentrum.hu> wrote:
> > On h, febr 24, 2014 at 21:32:23 +0100, Timo Schmidt wrote:
> > > See http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.html#tab-attachment-bindings
> > > in particular:
> > > <view-mailcap>    m       force viewing of attachment using mailcap
> >
> > Wow, you win.
> >
> > But this doesn't make sense:
> >
> > Using these mailcap entries:
> >
> > text/html; google-chrome %s; nametemplate=%s.html; test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
> > text/html; lynx -stdin -dump -force_html; copiousoutput
> >
> > ... without `auto_view text/html` pressing <Space> on the text/html MIME
> > part it just displays the raw HTML, but with `auto_view text/html` Mutt
> > chooses to use the *last* mailcap entry, and ignore the one before it?!
>
> The "copiousoutput" flag is the key item here. "needsterminal" is
> for interactive tools and copiusoutput is for tools that mutt expects
> to page for you.
>
> So all my mailcaps come in pairs: one with copiousoutput for inline viewing
> and the other to open a tool to view the attachment. Example:
>
>   image/x-png; ah %s -1 xv; gui
>   image/x-png; env DISPLAY= iminfo %s; copiousoutput
>
> The copiousoutput one is used when showing the image in the message
> view, and just recites some image parameters (size, etc) using my
> "iminfo" script.  The other one is chosen when I just press enter
> (<view-attach>) in the attachments view. "ah" is a helper script
> of my own, but it fires up "xv" to display the image.

Except "the other one" doesn't work. When I press enter in the
attachments view, it either displays raw HTML (which it should not,
without `auto_view text/html`) or uses the copiousoutput mailcap entry
(which it should, with `auto_view text/html`).

My understanding of "view attachment using mailcap entry if necessary"
is that it uses the mailcap entry, when it is present. Which it fails to
do so.
There is a difference between inlining the copiousoutput mailcap entry's
output in the message display, and pressing <Enter> or <Space> on the
mime part in the attachments view. In the latter case, Mutt should use
the mailcap entry, and not just when one forces it to do so, with 'm'.

Daniel

--
LÉVAI Dániel
PGP key ID = 0x83B63A8F