Hi,

* Brian Salter-Duke <brian.james.d...@gmail.com>, 2015-02-21 07:11:58 Sat:
> I am receiving emails from a colleague that have the following attachements:-
>
>     1 [  10M] "<no description>"                                    7bit
> multipart/alternative
> [...]
>     9 [ 7.2K] "smime.p7s"                                   base64
> application/pkcs7-signature
>
> I can save the docx and pgf files, but having done so, I want to
> delete them from the email, which of course I want to save. However
> it will not let me.  It is something to do with the smime.p7s
> signiture.

Presumably, Mutt doesn't let you delete attachments because doing so
would render the signature invalid. If you don't care about breaking
signatures, and would rather be able to delete attachments no matter
what, I have a patch:

    http://www.kurokatta.org/hacks/src/mutt-1.5.13-rmattach.patch

It was meant for PGP-encrypted messages; hopefully it works for S/MIME
as well.

--
David Haguenauer