After much frustration I discovered why mutt wouldn't work with the
SMIME keys issued at work: there are two of the private keys (one for
signature, one for encryption), and a single public key.  As I have an
employer that is more than willing to let me use mutt (if I can get it
to work properly) I am inclined to do whatever I can to get signing and
encryption functional!

I've always used GPG for email encryption and am not familiar with SMIME
use in mutt, so I have some questions:

Is this a supported configuration?  If so, does anyone have an example
configuration they'd like to share?

If it is not a supported configuration, does anyone have a work around
they've used successfully?

To be clear, what I'd like is the following:

1) Mutt signs outgoing messages (if told to sign) with the signature
key.

2) Mutt encrypts outgoing messages (if told to encrypt) with the
encryption key.

If it isn't a supported configuration, I suppose I'll have to dig into
the code... it can't be *that* hard, right? ;)

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]