On 16Apr15 00:32 +0200, Quolick wrote:
> What is mutt's counterpart feature to gmail's archive? what is used
> here?  I don't want to delete messages, but I want to have them
> locally searchable, like gmail can do.
> What is the best practice? Just to move to another folder?

Plain and easy and comfortable:

I just have two main mailboxes: inbox and trash.

Also the fcc is set to inbox so that I can see in threaded view the
history of dialogs/threads.

To search the mailboxes I use mairix which I invoke inside mutt via a
key-bind. Very quick and reliable by now.

The most notable benefit for me was to get rid of the trouble how to
sort mail into tons of mailboxes.
The virtual view of mairix creates a temporary mailbox of of the search
results.

If there is interest I'll share some config and scripts on the mairix
setup.

--
Bastian