Sorry I pressed r instead of 'L', here are the message that were
private. (I hope this is ok for you Patrick)

OK, I guess it is quite expected behaviour. I was just hoping I could
keep my current work flow with unread emails need work.

Maybe somebody knows a macro to do this?

Kind regards,
Thomas

* Thomas Schaper <thomas.tim.scha...@gmail.com> [01-01-70 12:34]:
> There is nothing in de man page of muttrc about this issue.
>
> Kind regards,
> Thomas
>

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:23:42PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> > * Thomas Schaper <thomas.tim.scha...@gmail.com> [04-16-15 11:39]:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I would like mutt to not mark my message as read when I open it
> > > but only
> > > when remove the 'N' flag.
> > >
> > > Is this possible or is there a workaround?
> >
> > look at the "set" command in "man muttrc"
> > --
> > (paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA
> > @ptilopteri
> > http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member
> > facebook/ptilopteri
> > http://wahoo.no-ip.org        Photo Album:
> > http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2
> > Registered Linux User #207535                    @
> > http://linuxcounter.net

You are correct.  It is not possible, afaik.  When a msg is read, a
status flag
is set in the message:  Status:RO

If you remove that flag/line, the msg appears as new "N".

afaik, there is no alternative.

But this action is explained in the fine manuals.  I should have been
more
explanative.
- --