trying to send a email in Mutt 1.5.23 on OS X

I have tried the following

set smtp_url = "smtps://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:587/"
set smtp_url = "smtps://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:465/"
set smtp_url = "smtps://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:25/“

set smtp_url = "smtp://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:587/"
set smtp_url = "smtp://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:465/"
set smtp_url = "smtp://m...@site.com:passw...@mail.site.com:25/"

and get these errors

SASL authentication failed

SSL failed: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

No authenticators available

also have tried adding

set smtp_authenticators = 'gssapi:login'
set ssl_starttls=yes
set ssl_force_tls = yes

no matter what combo of settings in .muttrc I can't send a email from mutt to
my exchange server

anyone have a working mutt to a exchange 2013 server ?
Mutt is working fine with IMAP so I can read emails, just can't reply or send
them.

any help would be great

I several debug files, but they are long so didn't want to put in the 1st post

please help me get back to a terminal only world,