Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2015-06-08 15:55 -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
>
> Kevin> After looking and thinking this through, it may be somewhat
> Kevin> controversial to make this change.  I've made a couple
> Kevin> modifications and will mail the patch to mutt-dev, but really
> Kevin> need more feedback before I consider pushing it.
>
> Would you care to explain what your concerns are?

The biggest one is changing long-standing behavior of a very often used
function.  Mutt users can be a conservative bunch, and this change could
goof up macros or who knows what.  My days could be numbered if I pushed
it without entertaining any feedback first.  :-)

Also, the file browser didn't even work if no mailboxes were defined.
I've changed it to not abort and display an empty list, but this
could still be confusing to newish users, or even users who define no
mailboxes and for whom it "just worked" in the past.

> You can redirect me to another forum if mutt-users is not appropriate.

I've Cc'ed you on the post to mutt-dev.  (Sorry about that if you're
subscribed; I do see your signature).  As I mentioned there, I *do*
think the patch makes sense, but it may not be much liked by others.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy
http://www.8t8.us/configs/gpg-key-transition-statement.txt