Hello, Erik.

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 01:35:57AM +1000, Erik Christiansen wrote:

> The manual I use; just hit <F1> in mutt, does (AIUI) a
> zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz
> but a search found no \$\? there. (So circumstances have conspired to
> confuse.)

Just as a matter of interest, when I hit <F1> in mutt, I get the error
message:

   sh: sensible-pager: command not found
   gzip: /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz: No such file or directory
   Press any key to continue...

The manual is actually at /usr/share/doc/mutt-1.5.23-r5/manual.txt.bz2.
This is on Gentoo GNU/Linux.  Is there anything I can configure to tell
it that?  If not, it would be nice if there were (if it's not too tricky
to implement, which it probably would be).

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).