On Sun, Aug 02, 2015 at 07:18:26PM -0700, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2015-08-01 14:33 +0200, Joel Dahl wrote:
>
> > I have lots of mailboxes, and I'm used to pressing y to bring up the list of
> > mailboxes in order to switch between them. With mutt IMAP, my list of
> > mailboxes looks like this:
> >
> >   http://mirror.vnode.se/upload/mutt-mailbox-imap.png
>
> Really?  What version of mutt is this?  I haven't been able to get this,
> or even a yes/no new mail flag column for the IMAP browser view.  This
> is by far the main reason for my current setup, that is running mutt
> over ssh to the server.

This is Mutt 1.5.23 (2014-03-12) running on FreeBSD 10.1. Installed with the
FreeBSD pkg tool. There isn't much IMAP specific configuration in my .muttrc,
except
for "set folder" to imaps:// etc. Only thing I found was:

unset imap_passive
set imap_check_subscribed

> > It's very easy to see how many unread mails I have in each mailbox. With
> > offlineimap and a local Maildir it isn't quite so clear though, this is what
> > it looks like if I press y:
> >
> >   http://mirror.vnode.se/upload/mutt-mailbox-maildir.png
>
> The problem is clearly the 4th field (or 3rd if counting from 0).  It
> looks like the file size; is that really important to you?  If not I'd
> just omit it from folder_format.  You can see its current value by doing
> ":<enter>set ?folder_format<enter>".  Just remove the %s bit and set the
> modified value in your .muttrc.

Yea, folder_format fixed most of my problems, except for not being able to see
exactly how may new mails each folder has. Thanks.

--
Joel