I have tried several separators. None have worked. All I can guess is that this
functionality isn't with how mutt handles maildir format.
The globing must be part of the native imap support. It must use a glob itself
to query the remote directories. Thus passing valid wildcards will work.
Autocompletes off of the results of the glob.

If that's the case, then it sucks a bit.

And the issue with reorganisation  was with me. I stupidly forgot to turn off a
background syncing job as I was changing the settings.

--
Matthew Parnell
m.parn...@lancaster.ac.uk