Something like this:

bind index,pager <down> noop
bind index,pager <up> noop
bind index,pager <right> noop
bind index,pager <left> noop

Works for me

--
Joel Buckley

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 10:07:53AM +0200, Jonas Hedman wrote:
Hi mutters

This might be slightly weird but I would like to disable navigation
(goto next or previous email) by arrow keys (up, down) in the index &
pager. The motivation for this is to get into my thick head that I
should use hjkl.

Can this be achieved somehow? I tried to search in the documentation for
a way to override default behaviour _and_ bind a key to do nothing but I
couldn't find any "do nothing" function in
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#functions

What is the best (or least worst) way of doing this?

Any ideas?

Regards
--
Jonas Hedman

XMPP:        n...@jabber.at
PGP Key:     0x5c3989e0616bb08c
Fingerprint: 8F72 C5BE AAFA B4BA 8F46  9185 5C39 89E0 616B B08C