On Mon, Jun 27, 2016, Will Yardley wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:48:54AM -0700, Claus Assmann wrote:
> > mutt/gpg gives me a "BAD signature" for some recent mails on the
> > openssl users list, one example message is attached. Can someone
> > else reproduce the problem (the author says it verifies for him)?

> Does it verify when he receives a copy from the list?

Yes (according to his reply to my question).

> I saved the signature and text part of the email separately, and also
> get bad signature with gpg2 via commandline (and no extra info that
> might explain it).

I tried that too but can't get it to verify even after following
RFC 3156: MIME Security with OpenPGP
which requires <CR><LF> as line endings, no trailing white space,
inclusion of content headers, etc, but then I can't even verify
the example in the RFC following those instructions :-(

However, if I use mutt to sign and send a message to myself, I can
verify it
- via mutt and
- "by hand" based on the RFC.