I need to use PGP/MIME and S/MIME with different correspondents and I have
crypt_use_gpgme set.  This works fine for PGP/MIME but has broken
S/MIME.  I've set local-user in gpgsm but it seems to be ignored in
Mutt:  "error signing data: End of file?".  If I set
smime_default_key it always says "secret key SOMETHING not found".  (I've
tried the key ID with and without leading 0x, the key fingerprint, and
my email address.  'gpgsm -K' understands all of these.)

Yes, +CRYPT_BACKEND_GPGME is set.

What am I missing?

--
Mark H. Wood