On 19.08.16 12:39, li...@rickv.com wrote:
> I found the answer here:
> http://www.mdlerch.com/emailing-mutt-and-vim-advanced-config.html
>
> I'm using it now; it works well. Except,
>
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 02:14:15PM +1000, c...@zip.com.au wrote:
> >One caveat is that in format=flowed a line with no trailing space
> >is actually not meant to be reflowed. Such as lines of code.
>
> I'm not sure how it handles this, the way it is. It'll probably need
> tweaking. It's already butchered my sig.

Urrg. If a complete solution evolves, I'd consider it. But in the
interim vim fully honours "> > > " style quoting when reflowing a
paragraph with gq}, which I've mapped to ^W, allowing reflow of three
paragraphs with ^WWW. That is cheap enough that full automation may
become a backwards step on encountering an occasion when it's not
desired.

As the reflow leaves the cursor after the reflowed paragraph, that is
the time to decide whether to reply to the text - and if not, then hit
d{ to delete the bumpf not relevant to the reply being composed. If the
need for explicit reflowing of quoted text encourages more assiduous
pruning in lieu of profligate over-quoting, then let's keep it manual, I
say.

Erik
(Where's my tin hat & flak jacket?)