On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:08:30PM +0200, Gabriel Philippe wrote:
> Thanks Ben, but I realize my question was not accurate. I am
> disappointed by having recipients in Cc when I use list-reply on my
> own messages (match alternates).
>
> Ex:
> - I am subscribed to a list (with mutt's subscribe command),
> - I have sent a message to A (not in the list), Cc the list and B,
> - I want to list-reply my own message, to add some remarks to the list only.
>
> In this case the defaults recipients after list-reply are:
> To: the list
> Cc: A, B

That's pretty standard behavious for a group reply or reply-all.

> A and B are not supposed to read my remarks, and I sometimes forget
> to remove them (no need to do it when list-replying other people'
> messages). I have not found an option to change this behaviour, and
> can't think of a not-too-dirty macro.

You probably don't have much choice this time, because:

> I don't know if this is relevant: the list is not a real list with
> appropriate headers, and most of the people use poorly-designed MUA
> (no Mail-Followup-To, etc.).

It's extremely relevant; indeed, it's why it doesn't behave the way
you'd like.  Without the ^List-* headers, there's nothing for Mutt to
know for sure what it ought to be responding to without human
intervention.  Without that, though, there is no real (consistent) way
for code to know the difference between a mailing list post or a
single message from someone.  If it could, well, it'd almost certainly
pass a Turing test and that might not be what you'd want in your MUA.

Regards,
Ben

--
|   Ben McGinnes   |   Adversarial Press   |  Author and Publisher  |
| Writer, Trainer, Systems Administrator, Developer, ICT Consultant |