On 2017-01-25 07:55:05 Patrice Levesque hacked into the keyboard:
>               - multipart/mixed
>                       - multipart/alternative
>                               - text/plain
>                               - multipart/related
>                                       - text/html
>                                       - inline image
>                       - attachments

Are you sure, you have closed every part properly?

I do some things similary, BUT I use commandline tools,  to  create  the
multipart/alternative  and  then  I  move  the  complete  file  to   the
~/Maildir/.Drafts/new/ folder, where mutt can find  it  if  I  recall  a
message.

> Any possible way to achieve that “send as is” behaviour, or do you guys
> know any patch in the wild that would allow that?

You can use sendmail or ssmtp to send the file without using mutt.
It is much easier, specially from a script.

--
Michelle Konzack        ITSystems
GNU/Linux Developer     0033-6-61925193