El día sábado, abril 08, 2017 a las 04:02:20p. m. -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy
escribió:

> > El día sábado, abril 08, 2017 a las 10:10:55a. m. -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy
> > escribió:
> > The screen has all the mutt bars, only the list of files is missing, as
> > well the list of mailboxes if I try to change the mbox and type '?';
> > and if you read my last mail with the truss output, its clear why: mutt
> > is not sending the names to STDOUT for whatever reason;
>
> Thank you for the information.  I'm still trying to figure out the cause
> of the problem, but so far I can't duplicate it.

I even can reproduce it when I move away my ~/.muttrc file;

> I have a couple more questions.  What is your value for $folder_format?

I do not set $folder_format and it does not help to set it to its
default value from the man page.

> When you try to change folder and type '?', then toggle to mailboxes
> with Tab, is the screen still empty?

Yes.

A wild guess: In FreeBSD 12-CURRENT the behaviour of basename(3C)
changed:

IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
     This implementation of basename() uses the buffer provided by the caller
     to store the resulting pathname component.  Other vendor implementations
     may return a pointer to internal storage space instead.  The advantage of
     the former approach is that it ensures thread-safety, while also placing
     no upper limit on the supported length of the pathname.

Maybe we face an issue with this, as I did in some other software
(hercules). I will remake the port mail/mutt now to be able to look into
the sources...

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ g...@unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎