Hei hei,

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 09:52:42PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's a setting or combination of settings I'm missing to
> prevent an annoyance.  In short: an accidentally-doubled "q" keypress in the
> message view will quit mutt (I have exit set to the default of "yes"), even if
> I have a bunch of messages tagged in the folder view.

That's why I set this:

set quit        = ask-yes

> Is there a way to have quit act like "yes" when I have nothing tagged, but
> "ask-no" when there is tagged state to lose?  I haven't found anything in the
> manual that would allow me to do this.

So you already know the 'quit' option. I do not find the ask-yes
setting to annoying. You quit mutt only once in a while and this case
it's not too annoying to have an extra confirmation, isn't it?

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)