On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 05:29:38PM +0800, Yubin Ruan wrote:
Hi,

I know one can hit / or l (i.e., limit) and then apply a search pattern to
search for messages in the current mailbox. But can we apply this to multiple
mailboxes? I would like to search for matched messages in all mailboxes and
then put them into a separate mailbox. For example, I have 10 mailboxes and
now I want to search in these 10 mailboxes for messages that have me in the
"To: " field and then put them into a separate mailbox.

mutt might not be able to do this, but mairix[1] is geared around this work flow. Here are some notes on using it [2]. And, additionally to that, you might find it comfortable to set up and alias that calls Mairix, then opens mutt on the search folder.

[1] http://www.rpcurnow.force9.co.uk/mairix/
[2] https://gitlab.com/muttmua/mutt/wikis/UseCases/SearchingMail#mairix

       Yubin

--