Is there some fast way to save the attachments from multiple messages?
That is, without going to every individual message, viewing and
then saving the attachments? I can tag the attachments in a single
message and save them easily, but seemingly not for multiple messages
(AFAICT). Something like a "save attachments" option (after tagging
the messages) or some "clever" macro?

This would be useful as I sometimes get many messages with one
attachment each instead of one message with many attachments (e.g.,
to avoid messages that are too large for some MTA configurations).