On (13/03/18 15:12), Dave Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net> put forth the
proposition:
On (13/03/18 11:02), Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com> put forth the
proposition:
In ssh try tilde-r.
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

It doesn't do anything. I set EscapeChar ~ in ~/.ssh/config, but I
think my terminal must be grabbing it. Maybe there's a screen command
to do it?

Well C-l redraws the screen, but the characters don't change. I think
it's mutt that needs to redraw, not ssh or screen.

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:55:18
From: David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net>
To: mutt-users@mutt.org
Subject: Re: Is it possible to redraw screen after doing a charset change?

On (13/03/18 10:38), Jude DaShiell <jdash...@panix.com> put forth the proposition:
Going assumption is you're running a g.u.i. That being the case, try running xrefresh.
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, David Woodfall wrote:

I'm using mutt over ssh on a headless server. No X.

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 10:20:19
From: David Woodfall <d...@dawoodfall.net>
To: mutt-users@mutt.org

I have a couple of binds to change charset between UTF-8/ISO-8859-1.
The problem is that I need to exit from the pager and then reopen the
message to see the changes, so I added those commands to the macro,
which works fine.

However, this doesn't work in the index, so is there a way to redraw
the screen after a charset change? I don't see anything in the manual
about it.