On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 06:38:54AM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Wednesday, April 25, 2018 a las 08:23:37PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan
> escribió:
>
> > you might want to reconsider.  you said *you* didn't make the setting,
> > that "mutt" was to blame.  there really is no "blame".  one must make the
> > settings to do what they wish and you didn't bother and now try to divert
> > the responsibility.
>
> Wrong. There a good and bad defaults. And the default for follow_up
> policy is just bad because it does, as you see in my case, things that
> the user newer wanted and not even was aware of.

If the user doesn't use 'lists' or 'subscribe' in the first place, I
think the MFT header should not get set. I do agree that it's slightly
confusing and took me a bit to understand the difference when I started
using Mutt, but I do think the onus is on the user to understand the
difference between 'lists' and 'subscribe'.

That said, I've made my feelings known about MFT itself earlier in this
thread.