On 2018-07-24 13:31, Hang Yuan wrote:

> > I use mutt + msmtp to send email. But I find when I reply an email
> > from mailing list, others in the mailing list will not see my email
> > address like "on behalf of hang.y...@linux.intel.com" in the
> > received email. If I only send email to an individual, the email
> > head is correct with my email address display. Does anyone have any
> > idea? Thanks in advance.

> I think it also happens when I reply this email to mutt-users@mutt.org
> mailing list.  There is no my email address displayed in the "From"
> field.

Some mailing lists (in particular installations of mailman) rewrite the
"From" header in order to avoid bounces of messages submitted to the
list from a domain with a strict DMARC policy.  Some lists _only_ do it
for such senders, but other lists do it for all senders.  I'm too
lazy/tired right now to look up your domain's policy, so I don't know
which case it falls into, but I'm quite sure this is the general phenom
you are seeing.