On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 11:48:18AM -0700, Felix Finch wrote:
> Ubuntu 18.04, Mutt 1.9.4.
>
>     set sidebar_format="%B%?F? [%F]?%* %?N?%N/?%S"
>     set sidebar_new_mail_only=no
>     set sidebar_visible=yes
>
> The sidebar shows only INBOX.  All other mailboxes are absent.  The
> same mutt sidebar is fine for local maildirs with a different muttrc.

Forgive me for asking what may be a stupid question, but have you
*listed* all the mailboxes in question with a 'mailboxes' command in
your muttrc?

If so, is there any chance you have something running under a hook that
is calling unmailboxes?  What happens if you add 'mailboxes foo' to your
muttrc?

Alternatively you could try enabling $imap_check_subscribed and make
sure all the relevant mailboxes are subscribed to.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy