On Sunday, September 23, 2018 at 07:44:38 -0400, John Hawkinson wrote:

Mihai Lazarescu <mtl...@gmail.com> wrote on Sun, 23 Sep 2018
at 11:50:01 +0200 in <20180923095001.ga19...@mtl.m.lazarescu.org>:

> If non-mutt solutions are acceptable, I'd change u...@domain.name to
> user-j...@domain.name in some procmail rule(s).

(In a world where we have DKIM, it seems an especially bad idea, although I don't know if DKIM tends to include the To: header in its crypto hashes).

DKIM appears to not include such headers (but no personal experience here): «DKIM attaches a new domain name identifier to a message and uses cryptographic techniques to validate authorization for its presence. The identifier is independent of any other identifier in the message, such in the author's From: field.» http://www.dkim.org/

Mutt-wise, would it be doable to set user-defined variables to specific patterns (e.g., my_f1=~p!~f…) and expand them to limit the view (i.e., use variables as shortcuts for complex match patterns)? This is a question since I am not so mutt-proficient as I'd wish to be… :-)

Mihai