On 01.11.18 19:06, Ben Fitzgerald wrote:
> When I hit "s" it would be lovely to have the last folder I saved a message
> with the same "meta" (simple case - same "from:").

That is the mutt default, in my experience. Since that is never useful
here, I set save-hooks to meet local needs. While most of mine set a
second archive mailbox for each delivery mailbox, there is one which
parallels your use-case:

fcc-save-hook '%L fam_grp' family

That sets "family" as the default save destination for anything from
anyone I've listed in a "alias -group fam_grp rita   r...@example.com"
line. It's an fcc-save-hook rather than just a save-hook to put my
replies there as well. Now _that_ is smart, and seems far more useful
than spraying emails disc-wide based on nothing more than "From:".

Erik