On 12May2019 17:38, Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au> wrote:
On 11May2019 20:58, benfi...@gmail.com <benfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just want to have something look at the headers of every mail that comes into my INBOX and then put *some* of those in another Maildir, all of which reside on the same filesystem under the same subfolder.
[...]
I think if I give my mailfiler some kind of "pass" rule it should be capable of this. Give me a few days. The cleanest thing is probably to support the having default target be the current folder. Then a rule file specifying only the things to move would suffice.

This is now implemented and somewhat tested. The special target "." means "file the message in the current mail folder". So for your scenario you'd use a rules file like this:

 DEFAULT=.
 rule to file some messages
 another rule
 etc...

If nothing matches the default leaves the message in the current folder and mailfiler knows to not consider it again.

This does want mailfiler run in its usual daemon mode where it polls the maildir regularly because the set of messages "left behind" is kept in memory.

OTOH, running mailfiler once should leave the message alone because it doesn't match a rule; it just wastefully consideres it every time your invoke it.

PyPI's been updated with the new release.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <c...@cskk.id.au>