On 2019-05-12, at 01:37:03, Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On 11May2019 18:26, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:
>> Is there an example somewhere of using "mutt -s" to send a message
>> with multiple attachments, ...
>
> I'm pretty sure that's not possible, particularly since mutt's command line
> documentation ("man mutt") makes no mention of controlling any of this stuff;
> all you can do is attach (multiple) things, but the content-type is deduced
> from the mime.types setup you have, and I suspect using the -a option to
> attach something compels the content-disposition.

Ouch.  But I feared as much.

> I suspect for what you want you're better off writing a small Python
> programme to assemble a message and deliver it to the local MTA.

I've done similar in the past, crafting my message according
to RFC 822 and RFC 1521 and piping it to "sendmail -toi".

But then I had a clever admin who configured sendmail for me.
Now I must learn to translate .muttrc:
    set smtp_url="smtps://paulgboul...@smtp.gmail.com:465/"
    set smtp_pass="(redacted)"
to sendmail.cf.

Or is there a way I could use mutt as a sendmail "proxy" and rely on
what's already in .muttrc?

(sendmail?  postfix?  ...?)

Thanks,
gil