Hi,

This might not be the right place to report this but
I've just discovered that the mutt package on debian9
stable (or rather NeoMutt 20170113 (1.7.2)) segfaults
if you ask it to write to a readonly mbox file. It
happened several times yesterday before I realised what
was wrong (and yes, I did have a reason for wanting
some mbox files to be temporarily read-only).

  touch readonly
  chmod 400 readonly
  mutt

Save any message to the readonly mbox and...

  /home/raf/mail/readonly: Permission denied (errno = 13)[1] 25270 segmentation
fault mutt

Happens every time (for me). So don't do that.

I know it's an old version and it might have been fixed
(but I couldn't see that it has from the changelogs).
But if you use debian9 stable, this is the version you'd get.

If I can get past neomutt's configure script, I'll see if
it's still a problem. It seems that it can't find libncursesw
no matter how many ways I tell it where it is.

cheers,
raf