Luciano ES writes:
>I thought I could just move ~/Mail to external and start with a new empty Mail
> directory, but then I realized I want to do incremental backups in the future
> and I have no idea how to do that. The MH format relies on message file names
> which are numbers in a sequence. If I just start with an empty directory (and
> there are many directories, which become "folders" in mutt), new messages wil
>l be named/numbered 1, 2, 3... all over again. Then I won't be able to just ad
>d them to the master backup with rsync.

It sounds like your best option might be a cron-managed pick and refile
statement.  "pick" all of your email that is (let's just say) more than
two months old, and "refile" it into a different folder that is soft-linked
to your external disk.

--hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    hy...@lactose.homelinux.net