Regarding the following, written by "Martin Trautmann" on 2019-11-02 at 10:22
Uhr +0100:
However, the usage of blockquote within HTML is something where there is not necessarily a proper way of handling this - Thunderbird does not do it properly, as you see above. How does handle html itself nested blockquote levels?

Oh, interesting corner case you spotted there. HTML does nesting of blockquotes just fine. The problem here seems to be that Thunderbird doesn't recognise blockquote as a quote, and needs the leading '>'.

How does this message fare? I've hacked up my script so that it actually keeps the '>' even in the HTML, but uses CSS to hide it. :grin:

--
@martinkrafft | https://riot.im/app/#/room/#madduck:madduck.net
in africa some of the native tribes have a custom of beating the