On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:03:35PM +0100, Sebastian Stein wrote:
In the past weeks (probably after upgrading to Kubuntu 19.10) I noticed that mutt forgets about folders containing new mails as soon as I change one folder.

This would be the first report I've heard of this. What mailbox format is procmail delivering to? How are you observing the "folders with new mail" count?

Buffy notification hasn't been modified too much since 1.7.x. iNotify support and nanosecond timestamp comparison was added for version 1.11.0, but that shouldn't affect you yet.

The new mail information is stored in memory, in the list generated by the 'mailboxes' command.

If possible it would helpful to test against a vanilla 1.10.1 (or newer) tarball, to discount external patch bugs.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy