On 2020-04-04, Vegard Svanberg <veg...@svanberg.no> wrote:

> However, I'm increasingly finding myself having to resort to various
> tricks to deal with HTML only emails (with picture attachments),
> calendar invites, and other oddities and awkward stuff people send.

I hever had that much trouble _reading_ HTML email.  What forced me to
give up on mutt completely for work and almost completely for personal
use was the difficulty in _generating_ HTML email.  99% of the people
to whom I send email can't deal with text/plain.  Plain text doesn't
work well on narrow (phone) UIs since it doesn't re-flow.  None of the
popular e-mail clients display plaintext in fixed-width fonts, so even
on wide screens tables of values, lists and countless other things
don't work.

I used muttdown for the last few years to generate alternative HTLM and
plaintext.  It was effective, but clumsy and added a lot of work.

--
Grant