On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 12:09:55AM +0100, Sam Kuper wrote:
> I'll assume you mean that the email has multiple parts or attachments,
> one (or more) of which is an HTML file and one (or more) of which is an
> image file, and that the HTML file has an "img" element with a "src"
> attribute whose value is the name of the image file (at some path).
>
> (That is an inconsiderate way to send "email", but some people do it.)

Sorry, but this is an archaic way of looking at the problem.  People
have been doing this for decades now, has become the norm, common
practice, and really it is therefore WE who are being inconsiderate by
not accepting de facto standards that have been widely adopted for a
very long time.

OK, I'm done ranting now.

-=-=-=-=-